H3H3productions VS. SofloAntonio H3H3productions VS. SofloAntonio

I found this game pretty disappointing and lackluster. Not trying to brag about my game skills, which in truth are lacking, but I beat the game on my first try taking only a couple of hits. It's far easier than the Ethan and Hila video made it seem. The total gameplay time is about one minute and 30 seconds. After that point, there's no replay value as the patterns and (great) moves remain the same. It's very predictable and there are only 3 different attacks that occur once at a time so there's not much variety either.

However, the best part of the game for me was the ending. The sprite animation in the ending cutscene was far better than the title screen art which was pretty poor. I suppose I'm being overly critical in this review for a game that's ostensibly a one-off joke meant to please the h3h3 fanbase. I came from the Ethan and Hila video and I must say conceptually it's pretty amusing and I appreiate your dedication in actually going through with it and completing the game. I experienced only a minimal amount of bugs during my short playtime, so that's another positive.

Overall: The game is boring, and relatively short and easy leaving little replay value. However, if you are an h3h3productions fan you will most likely be amused by the very fact that this game exists and the ending cutscene is pretty funny so you won't be disappointed in that regard. I'd be interesting in seeing something more in-depth and engaging next time, but as far as a novelty game goes, it's not bad.

SpaceMan SpaceMan

The only way this could be considered one of the "most challenging game ever made" is if you consider broken controls and poor design as elements of challenge. The game is very sluggish and the delay between clicking the screen and firing the laser is nonsensically long and makes no sense. Aesthetically, the game is very dull and uncreative. You can do better than some hills and clouds. The game is repetitive and boring. After a couple retries there's no motivation to play any longer. The lack of music and sound other than the shooting sound effect makes the game a very uninvolved experience.

There is nothing to this. If you want to make a more engaging game and get a higher score, there needs to be more for the audience to grasp. Difficult games are only fun and rewarding when the controls are tight, otherwise they're just frustrating and tedious. More effort put into the production would have helped as well. There is lost of great music you can find on the Audio Portal right here on Newgrounds. The simplicity is an inherent problem with the game unfortunately, it's just not very entertaining. In 2015 you can't expect people to be interested in such a simple, easy-to-program game that involves relatively little thought or even skill.

I hope that you submit better work in the future. We need more creative games on Newgrounds and not the same arcade style simplicity over and over again.

JoyGameitalia responds:

Thank You for your feedback I'll try to do better in the future!

SaruWashiTako Ver 0.1 SaruWashiTako Ver 0.1

The controls feel rather stiff. Especially the jumping controls. I found myself dying over and over due to an inability to run jump which was frustrating. Ultimately, this was the crippling flaw. During the boss fights I was basically spamming hoping I could kill it before it would kill me. The controls didn't feel fluid enough to allow me to properly dodge their attacks.

Honestly, after this I didn't really feel motivated to keep playing. I also found a particularly devastating glitch which I'll get to in a second. I feel all games should have a mute button (the music wasn't bad, but it got grading) and also I like to listen to my own music, especially when playing actions game like this.

The glitch I encountered allowed me to skip through the entire game. If you right click and keep hitting the "Play" button, you will continuously be warped through the warp points and basically skip over the entire level. I made it through half the game without killing any enemies in about 2 minutes performing this glitch.

Ultimately, some bug fixes need to occur (especially for the major glitches), a mute button for the music needs to be added, and the jump controls need to be more precise. Overall though, it wasn't bad. If it's updated and these problems are fixed, I'm sure the resulting product will be great!

cackletta responds:

Yeah, that major glitch is just kind of the default flash player thing... I'll get rid of that in the next version. I kept that in because it helped me test play, which I still have a lot more test playing to do.

A lot of the core mechanics such as jumping cannot be fixed without giving the game a complete make over (Which would probably take another year to do) and I have a lot of new things I want to get done, so jumping stiffness is sadly, here to stay.

Any ways, thanks a lot for the feedback! It's been very helpful and reminded me what I need to get done on new projects.

Bushwhacker Bushwhacker

Lazy Space Invaders clone with an unconvincing archery skin where you're fighting things called "bushwhackers", good one. Unfortunately, this is utterly unacceptable. In order for this to pass, you would have to make some MAJOR improvements other than taking a 35 year old game and reskinning it. Maybe add an interesting theme, making it really bright and colorful you know, add some jamming music. I recommend checking out Pac-Man Championship Edition CE DX or Galaga Legions DX for some ideas on how to make an old game with a simple concept into something fresh in this day and age.

.Loneliness. .Loneliness.

A simple story with simple characters, but a moving one at that. This game invoked a lot of feelings in me wtihout much of a personal connection to the characters or the story, which is important in any "art game". However, there was not much interactivity in this game. While I thought it was pretty heavy, I would have liked if it was a bit longer and the player could make meaningful choices. I don't like the idea that he was "forced" into suicide by MAKING the player walk off the cliff.

I just don't think suicide should be glorified in this way, and some of the text was pretty weak. The "sigh, sigh" stuff got old quick. Plus, the thing with the old man was really weird. I know art games are usually abstract, but that bit of oddness seemed unnecessary. Overall, it's an interactive story but a heartfelt and meaningful one at that, given how short and simplistic it is. Good job.

Super Filly Adventure Super Filly Adventure

Awesome.

This is one of the best pony games I have ever played. Period. It's between this and Story of the Blanks though. However, I'd actually have to say this one is scarier. Let's just say, I got the "Blank Flank" ending, much thanks to ImASmartass2 for telling me how, but man. Was that scary. Although it was kind of annoying, I kept messing up a single part and having to restart.

However, what are the other endings, I got the normal ending, and the Blank one, are their any others? I'll have to give you much props though author, I'm not that easily scared. And I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this game. I usually don't like OCs whether they be in fan fiction or games, but I found this one to be very well done.

Can you PM me something though? What did Rarity say? I tried watching it FRAME BY FRAME and I still couldn't get it. It's really been bugging me actually, lol.

Jay6 responds:

She does tell you how to get the other cutie mark, or "Muffin" ending. "Make the Applebuck Season muffin, and give it to Derpy."
And thanks for your feedback!

Nyan Cat Fever Nyan Cat Fever

My Conscious

It got the best of me. I was messing around with the right click, and I figured out if you hit loop, you get all the medals. I wasn't going to say anything, because I knew my medals would be taken away, but my conscious got the best of me. I had to tell you. Sorry.

Strawberry Dodge Strawberry Dodge

Got all the medals!

~~~This is a repost, this review was originally deleted in the Canas situation~~~
Awesome game! I already sort of reviewed it before, (Hacsev knows what I mean by this) Also below, I beat your score before. I've got the 4th highest score of all time, but I didn't hide in a corner.

Anyway, I agree with the other reviewers this game is very challenging. But still it's not bad at all. A little challenge isn't a bad thing nowadays. :)

Hacsev responds:

Yeah, at first I wanted to create a huge clock day game, but I realized I had little time to do it since I had started only a couple of weeks earlier and I'm still learning the basics of Flash, so I got this mini game instead.

Pothead Zombies Pothead Zombies

Pothead Zombies? What?

Such a strange concept, but turned out being extremely fun. I honestly didn't know what to expect with a game like this. But I ended up being pleasantly surprised with a defense type game similar to a game like Last Stand or That Bunny One (I forgot the actual title :X) I loved the idea of upgrading weapons and everything, but I do have one complaint with this game.

It was too easy. Some people might see this as a good thing, some people might see this as a bad thing. However, I think I saw it more as a bad thing, a little fair challenge is fun, but once you get the Gatling Gun, the game becomes incredibly easy, in fact once you get the Carbine it becomes way easy. And the fact that you can upgrade them with things like, more damage, larger clip size, faster reload time, just makes it even more easy than it is. However, this might because I was playing on the Normal mode, I'll have to try the Hard mode but I'd expect the Normal mode to a bit more challenging. Also, the final boss is a joke, just keep firing at him, and there's nothing he can do, and also with the A.I, that makes it even easier.

But that leads me to another one of the GOOD things about this game, the A.I was surprisingly helpful. I also loved the feature of being able to give the A.I some of your other weapons, also once you get the Gatling Gun and you give your A.I the Carbine. You unlock the medal "Perfect Duo". I love this medal because it's so true, the Gatling Gun and the Carbine ARE the perfect duo for kicking (Pothead) Zombie ass!

Overall, extremely fun game, but a little too easy.

Pixel Prophet Pixel Prophet

Short, and too hard

Jeez man. This game is like if Lastman was mixed with Adventure on the Atari 2600. And I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

I found this game to be very hard, there were some screens were I was stuck for at least 10 minutes, which is a pretty long time for a simple game such as this. Especially that one with the disappearing bridge and the spikes at the bottom, I went crazy with the fact that you have to shoot both blocks, after a bunch of tries I finally made it but I didn't know you had to shoot BOTH rocks. I shot one of them, and the hole looked like I could fit through it. Well, I was wrong. But, at least you made it so you can retry the same screen and you have unlimited lives. But that final boss I thought it was impossible, for anyone reading this and having trouble with the boss here's how to beat him. (Or, at least how I beat him)

Jump on the first platform you see, and try to get some quick shots on him before he goes to the corner. When he goes to the corner, edge your way over to the absolute edge of the platform, when he comes under you, jump over him, and hopefully, he'll teleport back to the middle and you can get a few more shots on him before he goes to the corner. Just keep repeating this until you beat him. Rate this review helpful if this strategy helped you, even though it seems kind of obvious :).

Overall, a good game, but way too hard. I'd love to see a Pixel Prophet 2 but instead modeled after maybe, an easier game, like Super Mario Brothers for the NES. Also, one final complaint, almost all of the jumps were hard to reach, mostly because of the fact that a lot of them you have to go to the absolute edge of the platform to make the jump, and also, you can hold a directional key and jump at the same time. These flaws would need to be improved to bring this game up to a least an 8 or a 9. Cheers and not a bad job Genocide. :)