Object Madness Audition Object Madness Audition

The animation is very short and seems more like a test than anything, which I generally don't approve on the portal. That being said, I really loved the voice acting and despite the minimalistic character designs I loved the facial animations.

On those merits alone, I enjoyed this animation. If you ever make expand this concept and make a full animation out of it, I'd love to see that. I think there's a strong basis for a great cartoon here, it just needs more development.

Fluttershy Is A Majestic Eagle Fluttershy Is A Majestic Eagle

I found the audio funny, even out of context from what it's originally from. The backgrounds were nice and I don't have many complaints to make about the animation except that I agree with the person below me that the lip syncing could have been done better. Also, maybe the other ponies in the background could be doing something (at least blinking) instead of standing there stoically.

Overall, this animation was well-done and it could have been even better if there were some minor details that were improved. I was amused and entertained nonetheless, and if this is what you could do last year I'd better interested to see what you can do now. Good job and don't be so hard on yourself in the author comments!

The Beatles in: The Bestles The Beatles in: The Bestles

The animation isn't the best, it's good enough to make the submission work though. However the concept, writing, and voice acting is all top notch and more than makes up for it! Nobody does seem to remember Pete Best who was undoubtedly cheesed off at the Beatles subsequent popularity. You perfectly captured the Beatles' speaking mannerisms and sense of humor, the little quips they had made me feel like I was actually watching A Hard Day's Night or Help! The little gags are great and I thought I'd point out some of my favorites.

* John Lennon scribbling down lyrics after the tow trucker driver says "I don't want to see you stuck outside Strawberry Field forever."

*The parrot giving John the idea for "Help!"

*Paperback Writer joke on the Buckingham Palace sign?

*Newspaper: Cheaper than in the future

*How ridiculous the Sgt. Pepper jokes got

Also, just one note one of the Newspaper you wrote "Jerry and the Pacemakers" when it's actually "Gerry and the Pacemakers" Sorry, but I had to point that out. Great work!

Michael-T-Scott responds:

Ha! I'll take the knock on the 'Gerry' gaffe. (I'm happy you paid THAT much attention to it.)

There's plenty of fun little references tucked away and I'm glad when folks appreciate them. And I am VERY appreciative of the praise that the tone was very Beatles-esque. I really wanted to get that right.

Thanks so much for noticing the effort in the ideas put into this one.

Malt Liquor Factory Malt Liquor Factory

Funny, but needs better animation and more energy. I'm not sure how long this took you and I'm sure you're still learning, but this was hardly animated. This could have pretty much been an image based comic. My advice to you would be to practice your animation skills more. While I thought this was funny because of the audio, this doesn't really take advantage of all the great things you can do with animation. Give it some more movement, you know? Make the characters do crazy stuff, and also, you should lip sync the character's mouths to the audio to make it seem like they're actually saying it, it makes a world of difference and gives the animation much more life.

Overall, I would say practice your animation more, increase the length of your animations, give it more energy and movement, and keep working at it! Honestly, not a bad start.

Darksharkssm responds:

thank you!

KA-BOOM!! KA-BOOM!!

Decent, smooth animation, but unfinished and short. Due to the lack of colorization in some of the rubble and the lack of sound, I think you should either expand on this or make something else because this really needs to be improved due to its evidently unfinished state. I can definitely see promise though, but you need to apply this animation skill to something instead of releasing a little snippet like this.

MapleStory Test MapleStory Test

More? The sprite animation was decent, and the fighting was pretty cool, but other than that there wasn't much to it. While I understand it's a test, you're not really pushing your limits here. For you to get a higher score, there would need to be a more instead of a few hits and particle effects. My recommendation to you would be to get a story, some good music, and stretch it out more. I feel like something could come from this concept, but you would have to go all out.

Beocro responds:

Thanks Bryan. I am already working on a mini-series involving MS sprites, so you won't have to worry about them being too short anymore. :)

Bus-Stop Bus-Stop

Funny and cute, but the animation definitely could have been better. I know it's common for animations to be exaggerated but the faces got a little too weird and ridiculous here. Since you say this is your first 3D animation, I'm sure you've improved since then. On that note, I would like to see more like this. The style was pretty nice, but the people need work.

I do like how you managed to tell such a simple story without any words or even many sound effects, well done. However, the 3D did seem like it was restricting you quite a bit. For example, how the man has ball joint shapes all over his body. It looked really odd. You need to break away from that and fully own the 3D, make intricate shapes instead of odd, irregular, circular ones.

Overall, a funny cute animation that could use some work in the animation department. Also, I feel like you should add more meat to it. Perhaps a more developed story, establishing some characters and story arcs? There could be a lot more here.

Black-Crystal responds:

yea more character development and story arcs is good but it is a school project. Not much time is given to us during that period. The quickest way to modeling the character is to use simple shapes rather than organic ones.

Thanks

Mlp: Chrysalis Pov Nsfw Mlp: Chrysalis Pov Nsfw

I'll give you my 5 because it is the first Chrysalis animation I have seen on this site and the ending made me laugh.

Payphone Ad Payphone Ad

Pretty good.

Not bad. (I especially loved the MLP reference, I'm a brony. ;P) It was pretty funny idea to attempt to "sell" a payphone. The simplistic visuals were a bit bland, but this is understandable given the fact you were under a time constraint while making this. Pretty original though.

My suggestions would be to make the animation a bit more interesting, meaning add some more details and make it pop out more. Also, the voice quality could have been a lot better, plus the narration was in like a mono tone without much emotion put in it. You might also want to trying talking a bit louder, even if that means almost yelling. Pretty good job though given the topic you were dealing with and the amount of time you had to make it in.

~Review Request Club~

DeadBroadcast responds:

Thanks man.
I personally hate the narration for the reasons you stated because I'm a terrible voice actor and my friend didn't show up on the day that he was supposed to do it.
I'll take the talking louder thing on board and my next animation is definitely going to be of a higher standard.
(Also yeah it's obvious that you're down with the ponies! *brohoof*)

CoolJaw: Dreaming Darkly CoolJaw: Dreaming Darkly

A bittersweet tale

Man, this was amazing. I found this by hitting the portal "random" button which takes you to a random submission, I'm glad I got this one.

First of all it had great art style, and ambiance to go with it. The mixture of the music with the crude yet very well done drawing style, the disturbing yet gripping story, made for a really unforgettable experience. I would recommend you transform this into a novel or something, I would be very interested to read more about it, like with more detail or something. The story was so frightening, and I could almost feel the pain the character was going through.

All in all, an amazing noir comic with a horribly entertaining backstory and visuals to compliment it perfectly. The dramatic music gives a subtle increase to the ambiance which puts it over the top. Fantastic work, I'd love to see more like this.

Celx-Requin responds:

Hello,

If you're interested in seeing something similar to "CoolJaw: Dreaming Darkly", check out my new comic I just completed "The Sugar Claws: F.C.". And leave a review dammit I'm interested in what people think.

Thanks again for the review!
Sincerely,